If youre like me you know that grilled chicken is the holy grail of all good diet plans(well.. an argument can be made for fish is but who wants to deal with smelling like vagheen 7 days a week). However it can be quite a struggle to find ways to incorporate grilled chicken breast into your meal plans without wanting to cut out your tastebuds. This Italian chicken salad(not the mayo laden kind, think more chicken caesar) is a great and simple way to spice up your normal grilled chicken routines.
-1 or 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts
-Kraft Fat Free Zesty(important) Italian Dressing
-Bacon Bits(make sure its real bacon pieces which are surprisingly healthy)
-1 bag of romaine lettuce ready for salad
1. Marinate the chicken for 6-12hours in some olive oil, salt, pepper, and the italian dressing
2. Grill the chicken until its cooked but please dont be like my dad and make it dry as hell
3. Chop the chicken into small bitesize chunks
4. Wash the salad mix and put it into a plastic giant bag
5. Add the chicken and half the container of bacon pieces to the giant bag
6. Add 4-5 squeezes of the fat free salad dressing to the bag
7. Add some salt and pepper to the bag
8. Take the bag and shake it up like youre a stoner playing the maracas at a Phish show
9. Empty the contents of the bag onto your plate/bowl and enjoy the most well mixed salad you’ve ever had….
This salad is light enough for a girl but filling enough for a guy
The whole salad should be around 500 calories(with plenty of protein from the chicken/bacon) and is more than enough for a meal… Enjoyez!